Monday, June 9, 2008

Zekel & K Arrive Today....Hooray!

We are back in the clinic bright and early this morning. Dr. Thaller has to attend a funeral this morning so we are having an abbreviated version of the treatment today which means...no fever therapy! Yeah! I know that Brad was thrilled about that. So far, the days that Brad has received fever in the clinic, he has then followed with fever (for another 6-10 hours) from about mid-afternoon through the evening with it again. Thus leaving him feeling completely wiped out! The good news about yesterday (as compared with last week) was that his fever only lasted until about 10:30pm which allowed him a good night's rest. The last time he ran the fever it went throughout the entire night and neither he nore I slept at all (that was the night before we left for the hospital in Donaueschingen).

Today Brad is only receiving the hyperthermia, directed at that nasty pulmonary artery tumor, along with immunotherapy (Vitamin C infusion), and the new treatment: infusion of natriumhydrogencarbonate (I don't think I am completely clear yet with what that new infusion does).

Yesterday Gena called the clinic to try to talk with Brad. Brad's treatment had already finished so he & I were at home while his mother stayed to catch up on a few emails. Sandra later told me that Christine (the head nurse) came looking for me. She came up the stairs calling, 'Brad's woman....Brad's woman?' I'm not sure if it's the language barrier (you know how some things just sound hilarious when they are translated) or if Brad has been referring to me as 'his woman.' Of course the latter would not surprise me at all. :)

Well, we are starting to get very comfortable with our new surroundings. After spending part of another weekend here, I realized that there was a significantly larger amount of activity in the town on Sat & Sun. Thinking back on it, I realized that most of the town was probably vacationing the prior weekend due to the Pentacost holiday that we were arrived on. That was certainly reassuring because (before realizing that fact), I was under the impression that the town rolled up the sidewalks on Friday and didn't bring them back out again until Monday morning. That could really make for some LONG weekends. So, it doesn't feel like SUCH a small town to me now...there are some businesses opened some of the time on Sat & Sun...and there are people out...yeah!

This past Saturday, I saw our neighbors across the street outside playing in their yard. These neighbors have a trampoline....I kept wondering how long it will take Zeke to notice the trampoline and then find a way to invite himself over to their yard to play.

David and I are heading to Munich in a few hours to meet up with my parents & the kiddos. Yippee!

Have a great day and we'll write more soon!

11 comments:

Osborns said...

Glad things are going so well for you. We think about how you are doing everyday and check in. Still in our prayers here in Anoka.

The Osborns

Perks said...

I'm SOOOO HAPPY your kids will be with you soon. Kids have that healing power for you heart and soul. It will be such a sweet reunion with them.

debralynne said...

I know you're excited about the kids coming. What an experience for them. We're continuing to pray for you and your family.

amber dayton said...

Have so much fun catching up with the kids - you are right, Z & K are going to love your new yard! Thanks for the updates - we love knowing just what to be praying about each day.

Leigh Leigh said...

I have loved keeping up with your blog these days! I know God will heal Brad, and it is so exciting to see it unfolding.

Anonymous said...

Won't it be great to have your family there where you can hug them! The kids will certainly keep you looking up! They are so precious! Keeping you in our prayers. Jerry and Ann Jay
PS. Tell Sandra and David that we will keep checking the CaringBridge,too, but for some reason, I haven't been able to get my reply to go through. I think my computer is resisting. Anyway I'll just keep sending notes here so you will all know that you are on our minds and in our prayers constantly.

Anonymous said...

Brad, Jenny, kids :-) and parents, our hearts and prayers continue to be with you all. We pray daily for God's miracles. May God continue to bless you all and keep you in His loving care.

Kami just arrived from NY to spend a few days with us. She sends her love and prayers, as well.

Sorry, Brad about the Aggies. We don't normally yell for A & M but did just for you :-) Maybe if we hadn't, they would have won.
Our love to you all,
de and ke

Lisa Hanna said...

What a beautiful set-up you have there! I wish I could visit--it just looks so refreshing amidst the circumstances. I am so encouraged by how Brad is doing and I know God is working in him!!

da momma said...

your so good on story tellin' :) i think about yall throughout the day and cant imagine all the emotions going on. Yall are both so brave and courageous. May God heal from within!! Love yall

tamandscott said...

I hate that the fever therapy is making Brad feel so crummy. Hang in there, brother!

Scott

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys! We are thinking of you and praying for you daily. We have made a few trips to your pool and are looking forward to picking up Bucky on Sunday. Thanks so much for the pictures and updates. I know it is an effort to make that happen. It makes us feel closer to you to see the pictures and hear how things are going. Looking forward to your return! Give Zeke a big hug from me and tell him that Luke can't wait till he gets home!