Thursday, June 26, 2008

There's No Place Like Home.....There's No Place Like Home

These were the words that Brad & I repeatedly said to each other on the plane flight home yesterday. We were SO ready to get there (so was the rest of our group).

Kaelyn had hit near-delirium status by the time our plane touched the ground. I'm sure all the other passengers around us also heaved a sigh of relief to have the opportunity to get out of ear-shot from Kaelyn. Let's just say she was a little extra-spirited by the last 3 hours of the flight. And, only Mommy would do...no one else. So, after our 403rd trip up & down the plane aisles, she and I were VERY ready to exit the aircraft. (I give her a hard time, but what can you expect from a one-year-old that has been traveling for 18 hours. I wanted to cry too.)

You may ask yourself...what does it take for this group of 8 Americans to return to the US on an international flight? It took us...
3 cars leaving Munich
3 drivers (who willingly got up at 4am to take us...yikes!)
10 suitcases
8 carry-on bags
3 boxes of medical supplies
1 stroller
1 wheelchair
1 set of crutches
3 luggage carts
4 Advil
6 packages of cheese crackers, 4 fruit snacks, 6 juice boxes
3 cars for pick-up, 3 friends, 1 Grammy, 1 Aunt Lisa, 2 Cousins (Cal & Jack)

That's it! Easy right?

Ok, I will write more later. It's 8:00pm here which is 3:00am in Germany so I'm ready for sleep. Before I go to bed I will share a story about Zeke. Last night when we got home, Zeke could hardly keep his eyes open. He fell asleep in Brad's arms at 6:00pm. At 3:00 this morning he came stumbling into our room, nearly in tears. Knowing there was a good chance he would be sent back to bed & with a VERY turned out lip he said, "Mommy, I have 2 things to tell you. First, we forgot to says our prayers last night. Second, we didn't read stories. And........when is my party going to be?" (We are celebrating Zeke's 4 1/2 b-day on Saturday, so he wanted to be sure that he was clear about when the cake & presents would be arriving.) And, no we didn't send him back to bed...he was just too cute.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad to have you all home safely.

Jen Gordon

Anonymous said...

Well, I think I am repeating but I'm also so glad to have you ALL home safely. I'm glad the treatments went well and also anxious to hear more stories when you are up for it. Nancy Williams (Charlotte)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! Jerry and Ann Jay

Brenda said...

Glad you all made it home safely. I bet those kids were so tired! Hope everyone can get back on schedule quickly.

Lisa said...

Praise God you guys are back in the comforts of your own home. Hope the readjustment period goes well.

amber dayton said...

Hurray! That flight sounds like loads of fun - poor Kaelyn & poor Mama! I can't wait to catch up with you. Get lots of sleep & I'll give you a call soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone is home safely! :)
Love, Erin Shiver

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! We are so thankful that all went well (with extra trips up and down the aisle) on your journey home. Our prayers continue to be with you all with a special dose for God's healing powers! (how about those 'stros!-)
kim and dave

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back in the USA and at home. Jenny, thanks for all of the posts keeping us updated. You all continue to be in our prayers. Love, Pat G