Thursday, June 12, 2008

We've All Made It

Hey, Hey...the Gang's all here! The kids & my parents arrived Tuesday evening & Uncle Matt just got off the plane in Frankfurt a few hours ago. We will all be residing in Markt Berolzheim by this evening.

The plane trip for the kids and my parents seemed to go well. Mom said that Zeke was absolutely PERFECT until the last couple of minutes as they were pulling in...he was ready to get off at that point. Who can blame him...I'm always more than ready by that point too. The kids both slept for a good portion of the trip so that went pretty well. Kaelyn decided to stay up for all but two hours the first night she was here so she and I got ample time to 'catch up.'

Brad's therapy went well today. For four hours he was put on a 'dialysis-type' machine today that seperated his blood. The doctor will use the platelets and mono-somethings to create the dendritic cell and natural killer cell therapy. Tomorrow Brad will go in to Weissenburg to have a CT scan run on his lungs so that we can use that test as a base-line to see how the treatment is effecting his cancer.

I have another funny story to share. Yesterday Brad and I were sitting with Zeke in the living room. My new German cell phone rang and I picked it up. A German telemarketer was on the other line trying to tell me something...I had no idea what he was saying, so I hung up. I told Brad who was on the line and he said, 'you know...we should start saying 'allo' (instead of Hello) like the European. A minute went by and Zeke asked, 'what are we going to say again before we pee?' I had NO idea what he was asking but Brad started cracking up. Finally..I got it...he thought we said to say 'allo when your-a-peein' (European) They just don't miss a thing...those little ears of his.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Praise God you're all together again. I'm sure that was a sweet reunion. Praying hard for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I must have a similar train of thought as Brad (and Zeke) as I did not need to get down to your explanation.

Reminds me of the old joke: If you're American in the living room, what are you in the bathroom? You're-a-peein'

Matt H

Anonymous said...

Still laughing. Zeke needs to write for Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck Dictionary. allo! Ann Jay

Anonymous said...

Glad to know all of you made it there safely. Hoping all goes well for Brad.

Katy McLain

Angie Campbell said...

Hey guys! We are so glad that everyone made it safely! I know how excited they were to see you and you were to see them! We are all praying for you fervantly, and we are glad to hear that Brad's treatments are going well.

tamandscott said...

Great story!!! Glad to hear everyone is there safely. Praying daily--Scott

Anonymous said...

You all are the best. Your stories are a stitch and your faithfulness is golden. You're in my prayers daily. Hang in there with the treatments. I'm really glad your kiddos and parents made it safely. They are so precious and entertaining. Well, I meant the kids; I'm not sure about your parents. I miss both of you at the clinic. Thanks for updating your blog. --Jen

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I'm glad to hear the kids did well on the flight, we have our own flight over the Atlantic next week to get back home after some time in Texas. I hope Brad's treatments are going well this week!