Saturday, July 19, 2008

Toothless Kaelyn


Ok, have you ever seen anything so crazy? Kaelyn will be 18 months old in just a couple of weeks and she still only has THREE teeth! She was 14 months old before the first one surfaced (I thought that was a long time)...once she got that one..I thought surely the others will quickly fall in line. Nope. Here we are, four months later and we are still waiting patiently for more to sprout up. It looks like the top left tooth is about to break through (but we have been saying that for weeks now)...I'm really ready for that one...at least then she will look even. My poor little toothless child!

4 comments:

Amy B. said...

ha-ha! Cute!

Nellie said...

I've been told by my mother that I was 13 months old when my first tooth poked through the gum. I was slower than most losing my teeth and getting the permanent teeth as well. However, they ALL eventually came in, and I have suffered nary a day because of it all. (Unless you count the braces for 3 years thing!)

It seems like I also read somewhere that teeth that come in especially early are not as strong.

So there you go! Don't worry - she'll be just fine.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I love it... so cute.

Heather said...

The longer it takes them to come in, the stronger they are. Both of my kids were very late teethers too. Peyton actually looked just like Kaelyn at one point, with only one on the top. I think it's precious...gives them character!