Thursday, January 29, 2009

Brad had another good day. The four of us took advantage of the cool weather and made a trip to the park by our house. Our neighborhood duck was there...still wandering. We've had a random duck in our yard the last 2 nights. I have no idea where it came from. There are no ponds or any bodies of water for miles, so who knows how he got here. Today he just seemed confused. Poor guy. My kids of course think it is great. Every time Kaelyn sees him she says, "I get him, I get him." Then we have to convince her that the duck does not want to "be gotten" or held in any manner. My children have absolutely NO animal fears. They are so unafraid it actually makes me nervous. Zeke will run right up to the back of a horse...Kaelyn likes to approach stray dogs...they make a great combination. I can only invision the types of creatures they may find when they get a little older and try to bring into my house.

7 comments:

Bobbie Brodsgaard said...

They will just grow up to be precious dog "rescuers" like my Leigh and Sid. Children with tender hearts towards animals grow up to have tender hearts towards people! And, so sorry about the ticket. I think about 500 of us should write that nice policeman and tell him what we think! In a nice way, of course.

acey said...

what makes me wonder if their crazy uncle matt has some part in that, genetically or direct teaching :)

glad you guys had some nice weather and got to enjoy the day!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, kids are fun, huh. I will never forget the day Caleb said, "Mommy, I put something under the door for you." I was in the shower, and he had stuck a tiny baby frog under the bathroom door. Ugh! He had to get it out after my shower. :0

Renee said...

I am so glad that you got to have an "outing" and enjoy the wonderful weather yesterday. A woman I considered very wise once told me when my first daughter was about three.....That fearless spirit is a sign of self-confidence. That really made me think about it differently.

Praying without waiver for health renewed.

Rebecca Jo said...

I was thinking the same thing... you're going to have alot of strays over the next few years, I bet...

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to enjoy the nice weather. We were in ice and sleet while you guys were outside.:-) Prayers continue for blessed days of rest, breathing and healing. love you much, Kim

da momma said...

checking in and thinking of you! May Feburary be fun of better health and lots of smiles!