Monday, May 26, 2008

Camera Withdrawel

I feel like I am without my right arm. I haven't been able to find my camera the past several days and it's driving me nuts. I didn't realize how dependent I am on it...until it came up missing. I know it's around here somewhere...I just can't seem to find it. I have a feeling my small brunette friend has helped me relocate it...I just hope it turns up before we leave on Thursday. Kaelyn...you better get to lookin' girl!

So, you are all stuck with my verbal descriptions. No visual representations through pictures today (I hate that because I am VERY visual.)

This morning Brad got up at 6 with the kids....I got to sleep in until 8...what a treat! When I woke up I came out of our room. The kids were playing in the den, they had already had breakfast, Brad had dried & folded all the laundry and was in the kitchen making his own breakfast. Wow...what a man.

Once I joined him in the kitchen he proceeded to tell me how the morning went. Brad said that at one point he didn't see either child and called out to Zeke to see where they were.

B: Zeke where are you?
Z: I am in the bathroom and Kaelyn is in the bathroom.
(Since this is a big trouble zone...Brad headed towards the bathroom and on his way this is what he heard)
Z: Uh... Da- (he started to call Dad and then let out a big exasperated) AAAAAUUUUHHHHHHHHH!
Z: (still yelling at Dad) Kaelyn just put my socks in the toilet and she's pulling them out!!! (ok, that's gross)

After this story, Kaelyn walks into the room with her brother's spiderman underwear pulled over her diaper. She thinks this is hysterical. I tell you...everyone in my house thinks they are a commedian. There is a constant battle over who thinks they can hold the stage the longest...sheesh! Brad took one look at her and said, "Great, I have a son who likes to wear makeup & speedos AND a daughter who is a cross-dresser....wonderful."

As we watched her walk across the floor I made the comment that she is truly a toddler at this point. Brad said, "Yeah...she's a toddler all right...she's constantly going around the house looking for what she can mess up, mark up, break up, tear up or destroy." She really is quite the "helper" there is no doubt.

6 comments:

laura, cheyanna, cabastion said...

jenny and brad, yall are great people we are wanting you to know that anytime you need us for anything our door is always open

kerry, donna, laura, cheyanna, cabastion

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Hillarious... thank you for making me laugh this morning.

sillentexas said...

Brad, Jenny, and all,

Kim and I want you to know that our prayers are with you each and every day. I know that you have hundreds of folks doing the same. You'll feel it pretty much every moment you are over in Germany.

Kim and I know what that's like having spent almost a month in India. Most folks thought we'd lost it but it was our only option at the time. I preferred to think of it as faith.

That kind of support in prayer is one of the most awesome feelings in the world, no matter how you are feeling physically, at the time. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, I know you do. He will see you through and be with you all the time.

love you all, david & kim

Anonymous said...

Dear Brad and Jenny and family, We know that you are getting ready for your trip to Germany. We are excited for you. You are in our prayers for healing, peace, safety, and a smooth trip. We pray that God go before you to prepare the way. We know that the Holy Spirit stands beside us to hear the longings of our heart that are too deep to be words. For that we are thankful! May your energy and hope be made new each day. Jerry and Ann Jay, Granbury Church of Christ

Anonymous said...

Dear Brad and Jenny and family, We know that you are getting ready for your trip to Germany. We are excited for you. You are in our prayers for healing, peace, safety, and a smooth trip. We pray that God go before you to prepare the way. We know that the Holy Spirit stands beside us to hear the longings of our heart that are too deep to be words. For that we are thankful! May your energy and hope be made new each day. Jerry and Ann Jay, Granbury Church of Christ

tamandscott said...

We'll be thinking of y'all tomorrow as you leave for Germany. I feel like this trip and treatment plan is God led and much good will come of it! Brad, we will pray that the fever and treatments will cause you as little discomfort as possible. We love y'all!