Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Living Lantana


You are probably looking at this picture, asking yourself, why did Jenny post a picture of her mailbox? Well...I am just so excited about the 2 living plants in the planter boxes on both sides of my mailbox. In the 5 years that we have lived in this house we have NEVER had plants that were able to survive in the beds. I don't know if it is because the beds are so shallow, or if they don't drain well, or if the bricks make the beds too hot....I have no idea. But, our record for plant survival in that area has never been more than six weeks. I am proud to announce today. that the Lantana plants have now been living in those beds for almost 2 and a half months (you can reference my May 13th posting for proof).

Yeah for living plants! I love flowers...they make me happy! :)

No comments: