Friday, July 9, 2010

"Doing what is asked of you....and then some"

On Sunday evening the kids and I were saying prayers after a very fun-filled evening of 4th festivities and fireworks. Being the exhausted mommy that I was, just before their heads hit the pillows, I gave firm instructions to Kaelyn and Zeke. I told them that it was after 11pm which was VERY LATE and I expected them to stay in bed until at least 7:30 in the morning. I went on to say that anyone who got up earlier than 7:30 would immediately be sent back to their bed.

On Monday morning I woke up suddenly. By the light coming into my room I could tell that I had slept in. I looked over at the clock to realize that it was after 8:30! (my children NEVER sleep past 8....ever....they rarely sleep past 7). At 9:00 I heard them stirring. When I walked into Zeke's room to tell him "Good Morning" he turned to me and said,

Zeke: We did good didn't we Mommy?
Me: Yes, Zeke....I cannot believe that you and sister slept all the way until 9!
Zeke: I know Mommy....we wanted to let you sleep. It is like my teacher talked about in Bible class on Sunday. She said if your parents ask you to do something, you should do it and then some. Like if they ask you to clean your room. You should clean your room and then your sister's. So when you told us to sleep til 7:30, we slept a whole lot longer than that. Was that good?
Me: Yes, Zeke...that is REALLY good!

4 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Wow.... You have some amazing children... we already knew that but stories like these are just precious... and I am so happy to hear how they blessed you on that morning... you are a great mommy.

Anonymous said...

I want my child to have that lesson in bible class too!!

Allison Fuller

Twins Squared said...

What a great story! Great that you got some good sleep and great that he could correlate it to his lesson! :)

Michelle May said...

Zeke is wise beyond his years, just like you, Jenny.