Friday, April 11, 2008

The Intruder

I was getting ready for bed tonight...Brad had gone to the Rockets game...my kids were in bed asleep when I heard a noise coming from my kitchen. It sounded like someone talking. I poked my head out of my room and the voices stopped. I convinced myself that I was hearing things and continued to get ready for bed.

Then it happened again...I started to hear voices, then I stepped out of my room to investigate and the noise stopped. I didn't think a lot about it at first because just before I had gone back into my room, I had decided to open several windows around the house (the cold front had come through and it felt GREAT outside.) I kept telling myself that I must be hearing the neighbors talking outside of their house & I was only hearing them through the screens.

I went in to brush my teeth and I heard the voices again. I stepped out of my room and the voices stopped.

I went back into my room and I could hear it again....then it stopped...then it started again. As soon as I started out of my bedroom the noise stopped. This time I felt certain the noise was coming from my kitchen so I picked up a pair of scissors that were laying on my dresser (heavens knows what I thought I was going to do with those...snip someone with them....ok, it just felt like the right thing to do at the time.)

As I approached the kitchen the noise started again and I realized that it was singing....as I came around the corner into my kitchen I saw a birthday card from Valerie Shoup laying on the counter. As the wind blew through the kitchen window it blew the "singing card" open long enough to throw out a few words and then the wind would die down and the singing would stop.

I promptly used those scissors to make confetti out of the card....I had to teach it a lesson for scaring me (Just Kidding Valerie....I still have it...it's much too cute to cut into shreds)

Just thought everyone could use a little laugh at my expense! Have a great day!

3 comments:

SheridanLeftwich said...

Very funny!!! I have thought many of toys in the toy box were bad guys, too. Josh makes fun all the time.

kara hartleib said...

Sounds like something I would do, except I would not have been nearly as calm as it sounds like you were. :)

Angie Campbell said...

This is funny. I am glad it was only a card! I was freaked out by a fire engine in Carson's room recently. It kept going off in the middle of the night!