Friday, May 7, 2010

The Gift of Friendship


God has blessed my life in so many ways but I believe one of the most cherished are the friendships that He has given me. On Friday of this last week I sat around the kitchen table at the home of Jenny Winter and had the opportunity to "catch up" with these three amazing women. Jenny, Martha, and Paige encourage me in so many ways. They are such Godly women, such amazing role models, such women of faith....both beautiful inside and out. I love the friends who you may not see or communicate with all the time, but when you are together it is as if nothing has changed...the relationship is just as easy as the last time you spoke. I love that.

It has been 10 years since we graduated from college and it is amazing to me to look over our lives to see all that we have each experienced in that time....each of us facing various challenges and victories during that period. I did stop to think during our conversation...wondering what the next 10 years would hold for us.

Thank you God for giving me moments such as these to be among such great, women of influence. I am richly blessed to have them in my life.

On a side note ladies...I think the four of us could stand to have a few sun rays hit those legs of ours. Ok, I'm at least speaking for me.... :) Maybe our next meeting should be on the beach.

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Hey next time can I come with you guys... to the beach of course... what a blessing... would love to have been there... God is good all the time and He will be there with us in the next 10 years...