Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Visit to SA with Trish & Austin

The kids and I went to San Antonio last weekend to meet up with my friend Trish and her son Austin. Trish & I became close over the last few years when our husbands were diagnosed with the same rare type of cancer, chondrosarcoma. In September I flew up to Minnosota to visit her and to climb her state high point. It was at that time we planned for her to come and visit me in Texas in February.

We toured many of the typical San Antonio tourist hot spots...we went to the Riverwalk, we stopped by the Alamo, we went to the Ripley's Museum, we had ice cream at Marble Slab, we drove to the Natural Bridge Caverns Nature Reserve, ate some yummy Texas BBQ and we played outdoors so that she and Austin could soak in the the warm Texas weather (a big change from temps in the teens where Trish is from...Burr!)





























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am originally from San Antonio but we currently live in Japan. It was so nice seeing familiar places through your photos! Glad you all had a great time!

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog through a facebook message asking for prayer for a family in SC whose wife was diagnosed with throat cancer while pregnant and lost her life. When reading the comments one man had recommended the husband visit Brady's blog to help him through this diffcult time. I looked at his blog and discovered your blog. My sister-in-law lost her husband to a brain tumor 6 years ago, at the time the children were 6 and 9. She and the children have been so blessed and are doing extremely well. It just thrilled me to hear the story of you and Brady. It is wonderful to find someone to share your life with that totally understands what you have been through. Thank you for sharing your story. I look forward to following your blog!! Congratulations on your engagement!!