Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ski Trip to Taos, NM

At the beginning of February I went skiing in New Mexico with friends. I realized that it was the first time I had been skiing in SEVEN years! Growing up we had always gone skiing at least once a year, but in the midst of having kids, I had let 7 years past without going. We went for a week and I skiied most of the time, until the last day I decided to try snowboarding for the first time and I LOVED it! I really surprised myself at how much I enjoyed it....I thought because I was so much more comfortable on skis that I wouldn't enjoy boarding as much because it would be much more difficult....but it really wasn't bad....certain aspects of it even seemed a bit easier than skiing.

Next trip...I plan to board the entire time and see how that goes....


Posted by Picasa
I brought my new snowshoes with me on the trip in case we decided to do some climbing....took one afternoon to take them out for a test-hike. However, I think my snowshoes were too small for me....even with them on I was often sinking up to my knees in them. I can't imagine how far I would have sunk if I had been wearing a pack too.

The weather while we were in Taos was unbelievable. I think it snowed most of our trip. When we looked out of our window on the first day there were a few inches on the deck....by the time we headed home.....there was easily another 18 inches piled on. All the snow made for spectacular skiing weather....it was great.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: